We Treat Your Health With The Approach You Deserve For Long-Term Recover
At Well Balanced, we proudly offer people in the Eugene area personalized physical therapy treatments from our friendly certified physical therapists. Our program is one of Eugene’s highest rated recovery programs due to our unique approach to treating our patients as a whole person rather than only addressing the specific pain point and moving on.
Our 5 star rated rehabilitation program goes far beyond traditional physical therapy.
Our take on Physical Therapy
What “traditional” physical therapy looks like
In America, a traditional physical therapist will treat a patient condition by only looking at the condition itself, such as knee pain. A series of exercises pertaining to the localized area will be prescribed, with time allocated up to 60 minutes per day. In addition, prescribed exercises are assigned mostly via a diagnoses from a referring physician.
Well Balanced Physical Therapy
- A whole body orthopedic assessment is performed in addition to evaluating your nervous systems response to pain and life stressors.
- Treatment plan focuses on the cause of pain from a systemic perspective: orthopedic and nervous system.
- Motor control, stability and strength exercises are taught to build a balanced body at the site of injury and connecting areas that play a part in pain and dysfunction.
- Manual release is performed and taught to reduce and eliminate symptoms at home
- Average treatment time is 6-8 weeks to reduce pain to 80% relief.
Our dedicated physical therapists will develop a personalized treatment plan that focuses on the cause of pain from a whole body view point, not just the site of pain. We consider patient education and communication essential to the healing process and go beyond traditional care to make sure you know why you are performing each task we ask of you and how it relates to your health goals. From your first visit on, we encourage you to discuss, learn, and engage in your body for long term success.
Conditions We Can Help With
- Mobility restricting injuries
- Car accident related injuries
- Neck and back pain and injuries
- Chronic pain
- Orthopedic physical therapy
- Balance and vertigo
- Post and post surgical rehabilitation
- Sports injury rehabilitation
- General strengthening and conditioning
- Women’s health focused
- Work related injuries
What’s the appointment process?
- Schedule an initial physical therapy appointment with one of our practitioners by clicking here.
- Allow us to get to know you and ask you questions in order to identify what will make the most effective and comprehensive treatment plan for you.
- We work together to execute the plan with the main goal of getting you back to your previous state with as little disruption and pain as possible.
Well Balanced Center for Integrated Care
Using Joint Mobilization in PT
While many people have short term pain relief from chiropractic care, their symptoms frequently return after their treatments. This is due to the inability of chiropractors to get to the root of the pain by performing joint manipulation. It takes a whole body assessment and view of what is causing pain to get to the root of the issue. Read more about this approach on our pain page.
The primary treatment difference is chiropractic uses a fast thrust while joint mobilization is a slow release of soft tissue around joints. It is the intent of the physical therapist to engage in passive and active treatments to empower the patient through the performance of corrective exercise programs at home, performed daily.