A movement enhancement system
Kinstretch is a mind and movement enhancement system, through which you will develop maximum body control, flexibility and strength in ranges of motion in addition to practicing mindfulness.
- Improved strength
- Improved flexibility, mobility, and agility
- Improved physical performance
- Improved body awareness and control
- Injury prevention/mitigation
- Increased neurological function
- Improved range of motion
- Improved concentration
A science-based program
Kinstretch is based on scientific research. All movements have been selected based on evidence, conducted by physical conditioning and medical experts, pertaining to body control, injury prevention, joint health, and physical longevity.
Learn how to monitor your body
Unlike many training systems, Kinstretch instructors teach you how to implement a self-assessment system allowing you the ability to monitor your own body for dysfunction that may be causing pain, loss of performance, or that may increase your chance of injury.
All certified Kinstretch Instructors are also certified in Functional Range Conditioning (FRC)® making them extremely knowledgeable in human movement, biomechanics, and body control development. That means that your Kinstretch instructor is highly trained in spotting, and correcting dysfunctions in your body as you practice.
Your Kinstretch Instructor knows that to maintain your bodies function, it often means doing more than a few classes per week. As such, part of the Kinstretch methodology is dedicated to home exercise assignment to promote joint health and longevity. In these cases your instructor will advise a one on one session where an individual home program will be evaluated and prescribed.
What to expect at your first Kinstretch class
- Expect to be educated. Kinstretch is meant to enhance your life and help you get better at whatever you want to get better at. The more you show up, the more familiar you will be become with the concepts. The more you implement this practice into your lifestyle, the more effective the training will be/the more results you will see. To develop a practice that is based on scientific research in mobility training.
- Expect to use and control your own body throughout the class, meaning this class is based on internal effort (irradiation).
- Expect a variety of students in the class. Kinstretch is not geared to a specific population; it is geared to humans in general. Expect a variety of ages, body types, athletes, teams, individuals with various occupations and fitness levels on a continuum.
- Expect to use limited equipment- only small props such as mats, Kinstretch blocks and Kinstretch balls.
- Expect to be introduced to FRC (Functional Range Conditioning) principals and terminology. Instructors may provide you with FRC terminology through their instruction, as it is based off of FRC principals.