Getting started with The Movement
Your training program begins with a Functional Movement Screen (FMS), which allows our certified trainers to evaluate your body’s movement patterns. Once we understand your strengths and your compensations and weaknesses, we can individualize your training plan with personalized exercises, in order to optimize movement and meet your fitness goals.
The Movement: principles
- The Movement is focused on working smarter, not harder
- It uses benchmark testing and results-tracking so you know you are meeting your goals
- You get personalized help, working in small-groups, with a 4-to-1 client-to-trainer ratio
- Training happens in a close, supportive community
- You receive educational materials that help you stay fit for life
It's in the repetition
Doing the FMS, and assigned corrective movements, allows the body to repair dysfunctions and return to a balanced musculoskeletal system. You will perform your FMS corrective exercises daily and before each training class. Repetition is the key to neuroplasticity. What’s neuroplasticity?
It is the brain’s ability to reorganize itself by forming new neural connections throughout life. Neuroplasticity allows the neurons (nerve cells) in the brain to compensate for injury and disease and to adjust their activities in response to new situations or to changes in their environment. — MedicineNet.com
This is why consistent corrections for your compensations must be in place in order to develop functional neuroplasticity in everyday movements.
So, this is what The Movement will accomplish. The Movement is the solution!